An investigation into how musical styles and genres mirror and differ from each other over generations. Focusing on three artists per show, “Influences” will explore how their musical styles, techniques, and philosophies, influenced each other and how each in turn has influenced their genre and music as a whole. Approximately one- third of the time allocated for music will be dedicated to each artist, with intermissions in between each song set to describe how those songs are linked.
With focus placed on a variety of musical genres, “Influences” will explore how
interconnected music is, and how that will continue for years to come.
First Eight Shows (no particular order)
• Albert King, Led Zeppelin, Greta Van Fleet
• John Lennon, Mac Demarco, Steve Lacy
• Al Green, Prince, Frank Ocean
• Sly and the Family Stone, The Roots, Anderson. Paak
• The Stooges, The Replacements, Nirvana
• Sam Cooke, Al Green, Leon Bridges
• Jay Z, Kanye West, Chance the Rapper
• Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Wilco
DJ: Leo Culp email@example.com